Sunday, May 30, 2010

Hey Soul Sister!

Mood: Strangely joyful

Music: Hey Soul Sister by Train

Oh how I love a good conversation with my best friend! Talking to my lovely soul sister Amy always puts a smile on my face. Lately, however, our conversations have been a mad rush - each of us quickly filling the other in on the dramas surrounding our hectic lives before having to say a quick goodbye to get back to our huge piles of homework. Our long chats full of meaningless gossip and girl talk are things of the past as we barely have time to breath anymore! I really do miss my phone conversations with that girl, not to mention how much I need one of our girls nights in, where we scare our selves silly with ridiculous horror movies and eat enough junk food to feed a whole third world country for a week.

I have so many memories of these nights and the funny things we got up to. I remember a year back, sitting against her bedroom door with our selected weapons of shelf ornament and DVD case to protect us because we swore there was someone in the house who was about to murder us with a machete at any moment. Perhaps a more hilarious moment was when my mum discovered a huntsman spider outside above the balcony door frame. This had me and Amy standing on the small cane chair in the far corner of the balcony hugging each other, leaving mum to fight the huge spider (which in reality was probably more scared of us at the time) with the kitchen broom (which took her quite some time considering every time the spider moved she would jump back and try to stand on the chair with us). These are the times I miss the most - making the best memories with the best friend I have.

Sometimes I wonder how on earth people survive without a best friend; for me it would be impossible. I have had always has one (and there have been several in my short 16 years on earth) and I'm glad I finally have that one friend I will keep with me throughout my adult life. It just really sucks that we hardly have time for each other anymore, but I guess that's what makes our friendship so strong - being able to go for weeks without seeing each other and being able to pick up the phone and to talk to each other for hours (or however long our study break is). Speaking of studying, I have a horrible Retail Certificate to finish before The Good Wife starts at 8.30 (hmmm there seems to be a pattern occurring here)

To all the other best friends out there in the world, try and give your bestie a call sometimes this week - you know it's so worth it.

Goodbye and goodnight everyone!

Beeje xx

No comments:

Post a Comment