Sunday, May 30, 2010

Sun, Sun, Go Away, Come Again Another Day!

Mood: quite miffed!

Music: does mother talking on the phone count?

As I rolled over in my bed on this cold winter morning, not wanting to move from the snuggle haven that is my bed, I was bombarded, not with freezing cold morning air...but with a stream of blinding sun. Now let me ask you something - What's wrong with this picture?! As much I (and the rest of the population) whine and cringe over the chilly airs, the thunder storms and the window rattling winds, I actually really do love winter. There's nothing better than being able get cozy with your mug of hot chocolate and a good book while listening to a storm raging outside your window. Somehow - and correct me if I'm wrong - sunshine really does not go hand in hand with my warm and snuggley winter dreams. Oh Perth, why do you do this to me? Why must you have such silly weather tendencies. Perhaps I may be over reacting, as the first official day of winter is tomorrow. Although that sun with it's smug little beams of light doesn't seem to be going anywhere anytime soon!

I always look forward to seeing the stormy rainclouds and swirling winds around this time of year. There is something about winter that is really magical; I cannot explain it, I just know that it is. What I always wish for in the winter (and secretly have since I was little) is soft, flaky, glittering snow; a little white winter all for myself! Many people have attempted to crush my dreams though - describing snow as slushy, grey and sock drenching. This will never get me down (although deep down inside I know they are right) and I will always keep my dream of a beautiful white blanket of fluffy goodness covering my street ( hmmm I think I've been watching too many American movies actually)

Happy winter wishes to everyone!

Beeje xx

2 comments:

  1. You see, I quite like winter too and I truly love a good storm. But don't banish the sunshine. Winter sunshine is special. Gorgeous to sit in and warm yourself up under a big window. Have a great day Sis xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually my darling I have been to the snow once - it was white and beautiful and I sunk right down to my knees in it and did get soggy socks!!!

    ReplyDelete